Does anyone remember Jill Cook?

Heidi Beko
👍 2

Sun 20 Aug 2023, 14:33

Not sure if it’s the same Jill Cook, but I remember that name - a wonderful lady who used to repair machinery and all things mechanical. Has a fantastic tattoo of a Fordon Major tractor (in blue and orange livery, circa 1950’s) I last crossed paths with her in an ironmongery in Middlesbrough. Probably not the same one on reflection. 

Alex Flynn
👍 2

Sun 20 Aug 2023, 13:22 (last edited on Sun 20 Aug 2023, 13:27)

Sorry, and you are?

corinna swift
👍 2

Sun 20 Aug 2023, 13:12 (last edited on Sun 20 Aug 2023, 13:13)

Hello there, 

Jill Cook lived at Cobwebs in Hixet Wood as a young evacuee during WW2, spending her time ‘running wild’ (as she fondly reminisces) around Charlbury with her friends. Does anyone remember her? Jill lives is Stutton, Suffolk, and would now like to reconnect though so many years have passed.

I should imagine a PM with info I could pass to Jill would be better than creating a thread here, though this seemed the best place to post to. Any information would be gratefully received! Thanks! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.