Plusnet broadband, how well does it work in Charlbury?

Simon Fenn
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 15:15

Currently no speed problems with PlusNet for streaming Netflix, i-Player etc (this is on Market Street).  

I've just run a speed test which shows download = 73 Mb/s; upload 17.93 Mb/s.

Freddie Marsh
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 14:20

Thanks everyone, I use web mail, I am only looking at Broadband Internet, is it fast enough to stream Amazon Prime, Netflix i-Player etc?

Thanks

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 13:07

I suggest that you research Plusnet. Their mobile service has been discontinued, they do not currently support VOIP and there are indications that their email services may be discontinued.

Presumably existing Customers will at some point be transferred to their parent company BT.

Frank Payne
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 12:38

We are with Plusnet and most of the time it works. However, at the moment there is a major problem with its email system with many reports of failure on its community forum. A couple of things to bear in mind:

1. There have been reports from its forum that Plusnet will close its email system soon. Its webmail system has been so slow for some time as to be unusable and its imap email has been very unreliable. You would probably want a separate email provider. 

2. Starting next year, BT will start switching off the analogue land line phone system and everyone will have to transfer to VOIP (voice over internet). Plusnet have still not confirmed whether they will support VOIP. This won’t matter if you don’t need a landline telephone of course, and just use mobiles. 

Maureen Walker
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 08:19

We have Plusnet and have no problems, however we are not heavy users of the internet.

Freddie Marsh
👍

Wed 16 Aug 2023, 08:02

I am with Plusnet for fibre broadband and when we move to Charlbury the exit fee if we leave them is about £500 which is quite a considerable sum. Does anyone use Plusnet and how do you find it? We are not heavy users but do stream quite often using i-Player and Amazon Prime Video.

Any advice or experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks.  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.