Sewage crisis: Truth about British rivers and how2 clean

Hans Eriksson
👍

Fri 18 Aug 2023, 19:10

I use the library online system a lot. Reading House and Garden, Country life and others. For free. Scroll down in the Libby app and you will find press reader. Where you get full access to many newspapers in the UK and the world. I read Wall St Journal, Washington post, The Telegraph and a few other foreign language ones. All for free. And there is more. You can search for an article in paywall papers such as the Times and others. FT is though only in that database with a delay of 30 days. And the Economist never. Each to their own but paying for FT online access is £ 1 a day and the Economist 50p. 

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 4

Tue 15 Aug 2023, 23:01

Thanks Malcolm. Useful perspective on the problem. I would just like to remind forum readers that if you have an Oxfordshire Library card and have signed up for online access you can 'borrow' that New Scientist issue and read the article online. That's what I did, and then blew a half hour reading the rest of the issue.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 2

Tue 15 Aug 2023, 20:57

Sewage crisis: The truth about British rivers and how to clean them up

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25934510-200-sewage-crisis-the-truth-about-british-rivers-and-how-to-clean-them-up/

Long article from the subscriber only pages of this weeks New Scientist which may be an important read for local people concerned about the condition of the Evenlode and tributaries. We were very distressed by the…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.