Poor quality food and service at Old Shed

Philip Ambrose
👍 6

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 22:02

We were up there this morning for a croissant and hot drink with our granddaughter. Nice  greeting, prompt service, reasonably priced quality produce. No complaints except for the autumnal weather!

Emily Algar
👍 10

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 15:02

I thought public forums such as Trip Advisor, Google, Facebook, Twitter etc. were accepted channels for the public to leave reviews, both good and bad, about businesses. I don’t see how this Forum is any different or why members of the public shouldn’t be able to voice concerns.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 6

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 13:24

It’s always been brilliant !

The Old Shed
👍 22

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 13:24

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this message.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at The Old Shed.

With regard to portion size, we endeavour to keep it consistent with both quantity and quality. We shall take your feedback on board.

As for food not being cooked properly or the disappointing service; this is of course not up to our expectations or the service we would like to offer. As management, I would like to understand your experience better so that we can constructively manage your review. Please can you directly contact The Old Shed either via telephone at 01608 810314, via email info@theoldshedcharlbury.co.uk or please come and speak to us.

We are very grateful for your feedback; however, we would much prefer if such subjects were dealt with face-to-face or via telephone with management before making a public review. We are not shying away from constructive feedback or our mistakes, however, public reviews can have a detrimental impact on business reputation and the people we employ.

Kind Regards,

The Old Shed

Heather Williams
👍 1

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 12:16

I was up there about a month ago, and we heard people complaining then.  Such a shame.

PAUL R JACKSON
👍 6

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 11:45

I've used The Old Shed since it was opened and always been outstanding.

Andrew Mitchell
👍 2

Sat 5 Aug 2023, 09:34

The food and service at the Old Shed used to be pretty good. What’s happened? 

Children’s portion are now tiny, twice we’ve had adult dishes not cooked through properly and yesterday we got off food. 

Staff not particularly apologetic or helpful either. I’m quite sad about this. 

Anyone else noticed diving standards?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.