Wilderness Festival - Security

James Meek
👍 3

Mon 7 Aug 2023, 10:16

Update:  I sent the Wilderness team a time-stamped photo I took in the Club House as well as evidence of the purchase of the beer, also time-stamped.  It seems the event security staff are sticking to the story that I jumped the fence despite evidence to the contrary.  Still nothing on this from Wilderness HQ - not even an offer to replace the beer that was confiscated from me!

James Meek
👍 7

Fri 4 Aug 2023, 06:52

Should anyone else find themselves a target for the over-zealous attentions of the hired thugs at the entrance to the arena area, the link below may be useful.  Please be aware that their tactics include physical restraint, confrontation and deliberate escalation - all whilst shouting at you in a particularly menacing way.  

I was standing a few meters inside the perimeter, minding my own business and waiting for my partner and elderly relatives to come through the gate when my arm was grabbed and my bag snatched without any explanation.  Eventually, it became apparent that they were under the impression that I had jumped the fence in order to 'smuggle' in the can of beer I was holding.  I had, in fact, bought the can at the bar in the Club House a few minutes earlier.  

The site below can be used to report security staff who abuse their position in this way or by using excessive force to fulfil their role or by showing signs of predatory behaviour e.g. deliberately targeting those with non-camping wrist bands.

https://www.gov.uk/report-security-staff-or-companies

I have emailed my complaint to the event organisers (info@wildernessfestival.com) but received no reply.  I discussed the matter with Claudia at Wilderness HQ but it seems the security team are sticking to the story that I jumped over the fence, despite the fact that there cannot be any CCTV evidence to support that allegation, because it didn't happen.  I know of at least two neighbours who saw what happened.  If anyone else witnessed the altercation, I would appreciate it if they would contact me.

James

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.