Help! Grit needed to make sure I can move house.

Pippa Nash
👍

Thu 7 Jan 2010, 07:28

Many thanks I'll give both suggestions a go.

Derek Collett
👍

Wed 6 Jan 2010, 23:12

The two nearest to me are on Dancers Hill and in Sheep Street but whether there is any grit in them is another matter!

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Wed 6 Jan 2010, 22:16

Roger Clarke 810608, clerk to the Town Council, might have suggestions. You could phone county highways dept: their gritting lorries come through Charlbury every evening and they might divert one up Nine Acres Close. They are on 0845 310 11 11. There are salt bins dotted around but I don't know where they all are: Roger might.

Pippa Nash
👍

Wed 6 Jan 2010, 20:14

Does anyone know if there is any grit (salt) in Charlbury? I live on Nine Acres Close and am due to move house on Friday but the snow has left our cul-de-sac pretty impassible. We're worried that the removal vans won't make it up on Thursday. (I'm used to living in a city where there are grit bins dotted around, but not seen any here. Failing that I might need help to clear the road. Can anyone help?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.