Riverside Festival

Terry Walker
👍 10

Sun 30 Jul 2023, 22:08

Riverside Music Festival is a home grown event which is recognised much wider than West Oxfordshire and Charlbury should always be proud of the organisiation, it is fantastic as is all other Charlbury events.  I fully endorse Graham and Rod's comments.  For the 52 years that I have been fortunate to live here, it is a well known fact that Charlbury has a rich community of artistic talent.  Like Graham remarked, he and Caroline have done their bit. Over the years I also have had great pleasure in being involved with brilliant hard working talented teams on Street Fair, Cads, Scouts and Guides, Corner House and Memorial Hall . I would still like to be active in the community but unfortunately I, like many other community minded people, find my tank empty even if the brain has a yearning to be involved. I urge Younger and more active people to come on in with whatever skill or energy you can provide, you will be amazed at the pleasure of giving your talent to the community which you will get. Thank you Riverside for a superb weekend. 

Graham Wisker
👍 12

Sun 30 Jul 2023, 09:49 (last edited on Sun 30 Jul 2023, 10:03)

I think we all should be very proud of our community, as a small town we have many volunteers to put on excellent events, like the Riverside, Beer Festival,  Street Fair, and Arts Week to name a few.  It would be nice to see the May Day Fair rejuvenated, this event assisted in the maintenance of the Scout hut.  I know some may say "Why don't you do it", well, both Caroline and I have our done our bit for the last 30 plus years,  so let's get some new blood and ideas.  So well done to all who have contributed their commitment to these events, and long may it continue.

Rod sharp
👍 17

Sun 30 Jul 2023, 09:14

Agree with Graham.  The festival is so well organised and laid out.  It must take a lot of volunteers many months to plan it and not forgetting those on the day. So many people coming together with enthusiasm and energy ,in these times where some are so quick to find fault and complain I think you all deserve a very big Thankyou.   

Graham Wisker
👍 16

Sat 29 Jul 2023, 21:16

Many thanks to all concerned in setting up this year's Riverside Festival.   Excellent music, superb range of ales  and variety of food.Thankfully the weather held for today.   We are now sitting in the conservatory listening to last of the bands.  Once again thank you. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.