Van nearly ran over toddler and baby. Church lane.

Rachel Brushfield
👍

Sun 30 Jul 2023, 18:08

That sounds really scary Jo for you and your 2 children. The pace of life is very fast. Was it a delivery van? If it was, they must be under so much pressure, or perhaps a bewildered van encountering Wilderness + Riverside festivals at the same time, with conflicting signs re where to drive/not to drive re 'festivals'! 

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago and had to reverse back quickly to prevent an accident to get out of the way of a van who didn't look. After this incident, the van driver smiled at me and waved! 

Hope that you're okay Jo. 

Josie Cope
👍 3

Sat 29 Jul 2023, 12:29

A blue van on church lane just nearly ran myself and my two children over. He started reversing without looking and I had to swerve my double pushchair out the way and scream stop. He then kept reversing into our path. And when I shouted “what are you doing” he said “trying to reverse into that drive”. He wasn’t indicating. I obviously then told him back “you just nearly ran over my toddler and baby”. He didn’t apologise. Just looked at me like I was in the wrong. There is no pavement down there. It’s riverside. There are lots of pedestrians about. Please drive carefully! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.