Gigaclear

Ed Denson
👍 1

Sat 29 Jul 2023, 12:51

I've had Gigaclear from the start and not had any problems. It's the fastest speeds I've ever experienced. Big thumbs up from me.

James Clarke
👍 1

Fri 28 Jul 2023, 18:19

That is interesting. I changed to Gigaclear a month ago and they came within a fortnight. The implementation went without a hitch although they asked me if I wanted to lead the line through a drainpipe which I thought a tad strange (I insisted they ran it alons a pre existing cable run). I wished to keep my residential number so did not cancel my existing service until a week after installation. Everything works fine and bradband speeds are great.  

Kim Sale
👍 2

Fri 28 Jul 2023, 08:20

I experienced similar with my recent set up, I guess that's why they advise you not to cancel your existing provider before set up is complete. We originally booked ours in January. We were given 10/3 ad our original installment date but the reality was that it didn't actually get up and running until Mid July. I made inquiries a few times and left a bad review on a fb group and then Seamus popped into my life and kept me updated constantly about progress, he was really helpful. Now up and running it's a great service and no more complaints from in-house teens about games stalling! Good luck with your connection, hoping you don't have to wait much longer.

Katie Ewer
👍 1

Thu 27 Jul 2023, 13:01

Yep. I've had 3 experiences of getting Gigaclear installed. First was a lengthy delay which left us with no phone or internet for 2 months as we cancelled our contract with our previous supplier when they booked our connection in. Second time, I abandoned it totally in the end as they were so useless and just couldn't give me a realistic installation date 3 months after I signed up. Third time was a bit better, but the actual installation is a complete botch and we had to bury the cable in the front garden ourselves as their engineers just left it on the surface. Their facebook adverts are worth a look if you want an overview of their performance. The one thing I would say though, is that once set up and working, it is very reliable and the customer service is fine.

Stephen Bubb
👍 1

Thu 27 Jul 2023, 12:27

Be aware if you were thinking of using Gigaclear, you can expect a very long wait and lots of mistakes like forgetting to apply for a permit for pavement or not splitting a pod . Each time a mI signed up in March,  moved into our new house on April 23 and as of today we still don’t have functioning Wi-Fi. We’ve had a catalogue of mistakes made and appointments therefore failing. They told me they would come and sort things out on Wednesday. No one showed. When I complained I got a new date of August 14! They seem to be unable to recognise that when they make a mistake they should promptly rectify it within a few days. Not 3 weeks as I have suffered.  No recognition that they should treat it as urgent given their failure to turn up. That will be nearly 4 months. There is no sense of urgency or proper customer service. I am so disappointed as I would like to support them . I’ve heard others have had difficult issues with them as well. I’m gritting my teeth and hope it will come good. But it’s touch and go!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.