Station ticket office closures - consultation

John Partington
👍 4

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 17:05 (last edited on Mon 31 Jul 2023, 17:36)

I agree entirely, of course, with all those posting indignantly or anxiously about the ticket office closure. But let's remember that, as with our bus services, part at least of keeping the provision we want is for us to use it more.

I'm posting this while drinking a pint of Guinness in Dublin, just £52.20 from Charlbury Station (no advance booking required) .. but only from the booking office, not the ticket machine nor even the GWR app.

[Edited to add, in response to enquiries: I bought the ticket from the Transport for Wales website, to save going to the Oxford Station ticket office, also of course closed this week.]

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 16:25

Nicolette, the Radio 4 programme is called You and Yours, and there was a substantial discussion of the topic of Rail Ticket Office Closures at the start of the programme today. 

The emphasis today was on those with disabilities and those unable to use smart phones or online booking sites…

Long post - click to read full text

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 1

Mon 31 Jul 2023, 13:36

I listen to radio4's comsumer program just before the one o'clock news and it appears that tomorrow they are discussing the closure of railway stations booking offices and they want the public to participate but to register an interest you have to first go on line and I can't cope with that. I feel that charlbury is in a position to get on this programme because our building is listed and designed by a famous architect and the BBC always like something a bit interesting and not run of the mill so could one of you IT whizz kids do that? It is a phone in ( but they phone you notVV) so you need to be around for at least half an hour before 1pm. 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Thu 20 Jul 2023, 09:02

A reminder that there’s less than a week to respond to the consultation and set out the reasons why Charlbury station ticket office should not close.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.