Website title flash tweaking - topics are unseen

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 4 Jan 2010, 01:58

Suggest you pray for some warmer weather Malcolm - then I can take the snow off!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sun 3 Jan 2010, 20:59

Silly just noticed there is a listing underneath the graphic which I'd covered with another window being open grrr

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sun 3 Jan 2010, 20:58

Anyone else finding that using flashblock means that one cannot see the list of topics on the title graphic page of snow falling at the crossroads - charlbury.info, news, events, topics, forum, ads businesses community town gallery. And the dots between them don't quite line up, covering the c in community and t in town on Firefox 3.6.5.

However, the taglines being invisible is a bit of an access issue - what if one is visually impaired and using a word reader? The tags would be unreachable to them. The logged in and inbox tags are now quite visible even with flashblock turned on, thanks for that tweak Richard.

On a less relevant note ... For some reason despite having reloaded xubuntu 9.10 (up from 9.04) to the old Inspiron something is still causing a warning that a script on the page is causing the computer to run slowly. This isn't that important as that laptop is being retired to the kitchen as a basic web terminal, if even that much use, but I am puzzled what it is that Xubuntu Firefox is doing that Ubuntu isn't as I am not getting the script warning on anything else in the house so suspect its a xubuntu glitch...and all the Firefoxs seem to be the same version now. Most odd. Anyone using some other variant of Linux apart from an Ubuntoid finding a script warning notice popping up or any other oddity??

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.