Fake police notices

Angus B
👍 5

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 22:41

I was under the impression that the only place where it is illegal to park on the pavement is London. 

Spare a thought for wheelchair users and people with pushchairs before you vehicle occupies too much pavement

Alan Wilson
👍 1

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 20:45

If this is the most appropriate way to park on this road then I believe it is possible for the road to be designated (by the council? by the police? I'm not sure, I'm afraid.) as an exception to the rule about not parking on the pavement.  This was done , for instance, where my in-laws used to live (in London), for exactly the same reason that it was otherwise more or less impossible for larger vehicles, including emergency ones, to obtain access.

Eileen Hipgrave
👍 5

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 12:11

I live in Nine Acres Close where, because of there being lots more cars and large vans parked on the road nowadays than there used to be, it is very difficult for larger vehicles to pass the parked cars, especially when the bin lorries come by and more importantly when ambulances need a clear passageway, if two wheels of the parked cars were not put on the pavement. I don’t object to this as it is a very sensible thing to do. However, I am fed up with my visitors’ cars being targets for vindictive fake photocopied police notices found on them, when the residents’ cars parked on the pavements get no such petty treatment. I understand that it is theoretically against the law, but unsuspecting overseas visitors who don’t know the law and who think they are doing the courteous thing by not providing  any road obstruction, get very worried and upset. Their parked cars do not hinder anyway,  as there is enough room for the walkers to pass.  The people I suspect who are doing this I have never seen walk down the road ever, so can  I please ask these people to stop being so petty and vindictive, sneaky and underhand, and to grow up!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.