Help needed in using the forum

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 2

Mon 17 Jul 2023, 07:56

Thanks for everyone's comments and advice. Every one is right and I could already see the problems. The truth of the matters is that "fools rush in where Angels fear to tread" and I was one of those fools. It is such a shame because the Forum is a wonderful idea and could , and in many ways actually is a force for good if only people could be pleasant on it. It is one thing to disagree with people's views but there is no need to be nasty about them as people. I don't think many people venture on to the Debate site so I hope that someone with information about the fate of our precious station will put it on this site.

Julia Webb
👍 1

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 22:36

I agree Andrew. 

Andrew Greenfield
👍 4

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 21:22

The biggest problem if you remove your posts after another person has answered is that it can leave some answers orphaned and therefore completely meaningless. That also would be very unjust.

So before removing posts it would be most considerate to think about this possibility before acting.

Charlie M
👍 3

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 15:43

Julia is correct. If Nicolette wishes to remove her own comments she is at liberty to do so - indeed I have done this myself on previous occasions. But once others join in the discussion, one does not have the right to remove their comments as well! That would be *very* unjust!

Julia Webb
👍 1

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 15:26 (last edited on Sun 16 Jul 2023, 15:27)

I believe one can edit and remove their own comments from the forum. 

Phil Morgan
👍 8

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 13:41

Surely our editor is entitled to a family Sunday. Your strong opinions will undoubtedly see your posts removed to the Debate page.

Nicolette lethbridge
👍 1

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 08:00

I should have said "charlbury station " but I am so angry / upset . There is only one person we can access with the power and duty to help save the station and some comments on the forum are childish, counter productive and un helpful 

Nicolette lethbridge
👍

Sun 16 Jul 2023, 07:52

Hi Richard . I have Been wandering around the internet trying in vain to find out how I can get the topic "railway" which is associated with me, closed. You as editor can get the subject raised under a slightly different heading if you would so wish. BUT I want that entry closed

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.