Gutter clearing

Jill Petersen
👍

Sat 15 Jul 2023, 07:45

Thanks so much, Rachel, not a problem at all. I’ll message you. 
We have our family exercise session fundraiser tomorrow at the community centre from 11am-12pm if you’d like to join.

Jill 

Rachel Brushfield
👍 1

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 18:15

Hi Jill

It sounds like you have an amazing team there at Charlbury pre-school who go above and beyond.

If I can do something in August when my work is quieter to help re volunteering, let me know. Please message me.

The person who clears out our gutters twice a year is Chris Fisher. His mobile number is 07767 686355. E mail is ctfwindows@mail.com

He loves a good quality cup of coffee! 

I apologise is this post came across in a critical way, that wasn’t my intention. I felt bad that I hadn’t done anything about what concerned me.

Making time to communicate appropriately in the right way at the right time isn’t always easy.

Maybe the question we all need to ask ourselves is when do we ‘walk on by’, when one small action done now could make a difference?

Jill Petersen
👍 3

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 17:38

Hi Rachel,

You’ll be happy to know that Pre-School is in the process of acquiring quotes to not only clean the gutters, but to also have them painted and restored. If there is anyone else you recommend for annual cleanings please do let us know as we haven’t managed to book anyone locally and have been relying on volunteers, including our fabulous new manager’s husband, who cleaned them out earlier this year. Rest assured that the children are not at any risk; we have very regular risk assessments and building walk throughs. Please feel free to contact us directly anytime, we’re always happy to answer queries and are keen for volunteers to help with tasks from gardening and building maintenance to fundraising and child activities too. 
Thank you so much for raising your concern. 

Rachel Brushfield
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 15:47

Thanks Keith - good question. Next time I will. Doh! The action I took was to put the details of the person who clears out our gutters through the letterbox. Sometimes all of us don't do what might be obvious or the best solution  to someone else. And sometimes things like that, which are, don't get to the top of our to do lists when they should in an ideal world. 

Keith Claridge
👍 2

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 14:02

Why don't you just ring the bell 

Rachel Brushfield
👍 1

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 08:24

I have noticed that the gutters of Charlbury pre school have been looking very full and this has been concerning me for a while, especially because of the young kids inside the building. I don't know anyone there, could someone who does know someone who works there possibly ask them to check them? Thanks very much. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.