No mobile phone signal

Devinder Sivia
👍

Fri 14 Jul 2023, 17:06

Mobile signal disappeared again this afternoon!

Chris Arnold
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 14:44

Yes - but I now only get 2 bars when at home where I used to get 4

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 12:28

It seems to be all back!! 

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 11:49

Simon we have an alarm system set up which calls the alarm company and also calls me, because alarm company can't always get out immediately, so the likelihood is I'll be there sooner. Obviously with no signal they can't reach me and in this case they don't send texts. I know it doesn't happen a lot but I now think it is something people should be aware of of getting alarm systems for themselves or relatives.

Mary Robson
👍 1

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 11:08

Copied from my post on the vodafone  thread, yesterday:
So I bit the bullet and did battle with Vodafone bots and chat. After 45 minutes eventually got an answer on the "chat" from a real person. Work in progress to be completed by 17-18th July. The post code to enter in the "network Status checker" is not your own but that nearest mast, in this case OX7 3SX. Direct link to a person not a bot is www.vodaphone.co.uk/techcd

Simon Finch
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 09:20

GiffGaff uses O2, I have had a few text messages this morning, but now no service again. Latest info I have is a fix sometime tomorrow, not great..

Julie Ward
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 09:12

Simon, I can only speak for myself on O2, but no texts are getting through to me and I'm not able to send any while in Charlbury.

Simon Finch
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 08:41

Phone mast is still down, although some intermittent service this morning on GiffGaff. With regard to other providers... bear in mind most masts are shared between various providers so changing provider may not help. Even though even a 999 emergency call will not work without a signal a text might. A text requires much less signal strength and will try to send several times for a short while.  

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Thu 13 Jul 2023, 07:18

I work outdoors Miles, so don't have Wi-Fi at all times, and when I am working in the co-op the Wi-Fi there is unreliable. 

Christine I do have EE, but it's never been as good as the vodaphone network, which is why I got this one when my father was ill. Admittedly that was the last time they messed around with the mast and we had a similar issue with his oxygen cylinder, but I didn't expect it to happen again

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 23:33

No, Miles, emergency alarms don't necessarily connect to WiFi, or at least the one I have does not. A few weeks ago I had to send back an alarm because it was unable to find a network signal inside my house, even though the WiFi was operating as normal.

EE seems to be working OK, for me at least. 

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 23:24

Presumably everyone's mobile just connects to wifi, so all devices should be working as normal at home or anywhere with wifi, right? Harriet, emergency alarms should be similar I would have thought!

Harriet Baldwin
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 23:07

Any suggestions as to what network I can use now pls? If anything happens to my mother there is currently no way of anyone (including her emergency alarm systems) contacting me to let me know. 

Janet Burroughs
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 22:03

Yes, Wilderness, like all big events, which leads to a dramatic tho’ temporary increase in usage can impact on reception - as we were told several years ago by a visiting engineer. However, I believe that Wilderness has addressed this by getting temporary masts put in place over the actual  festival days. 

NADINE MILLS
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 21:55

I have no Vodafone signal either and have seen the other thread - been working in Oxford all day which was fine. Funnily enough every year during Wilderness my phone gets no signal but they’re not there yet? 

michele marietta
👍 1

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 21:32

I know I'm a dinosaur, but I sort of like being without the use of my phone for a bit? Makes you realize how NOT urgent most things are. :)

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 20:50 (last edited on Wed 12 Jul 2023, 20:51)

See also the Vodaphone thread

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 20:38

Same here.  Two days without mobile signal.

Simon Finch
👍

Wed 12 Jul 2023, 20:16

Apparently local mast down, so no O2 and hence no GiffGaff, latest fix time now is Friday, originally said 8pm today.... nothing yet... that will be 3 days with no service, anybody got any better news?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.