Closure of Nine acres and Market Street

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 12:25 (last edited on Sat 8 Jul 2023, 12:26)

Jane, the diversion routes on https://one.network/uk/oxfordshire are really unclear, as you have doubtless already worked out.

Market Street is closed on 18 - 20 July (all the time), with the diversion route listed as 9 Acres, The Slade, Sturt Rd, Hixet Wood (plus reverse route applies).

9 Acres Lane is closed 12 - 17 July (listed as all of the time), with the diversion route listed as Nine Acres Lane, Slade, Sturt Rd, Woodstock Rd (reverse route applies). Nothing about Market St becoming 2 way, or traffic lights, can this really be correct?

Nothing is said about how people get into Charlbury from the station/Dyer's Hill/bottom end of Market Street. 

As a resident you will probably know that you should be able to get from your house to Spelsbury, then turn right to Taston, and turn right again onto Banbury Hill, or alternatively go past the station, turn left to Leafield and then turn left towards Finstock. But neither of these routes is currently listed as a diversion, and will be mysterious to those who don't live here.

I suggest you call Thames Water on 0345-310-1111 for clarification. They are listed as responsible for both set of works. You will be doing everyone a favour ...

Jane Crane
👍

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 11:46

Please can anyone help me understand what roads can be used to exit Charlbury from where I live on station end of Market Street over the next two weeks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.