Witney Road Closures

Janet Burroughs
👍

Fri 7 Jul 2023, 23:08

Michael 

Thanks for clarification, tho’ didn’t notice warning signs through Hailey. There are a number on the Crawley route. I’ll make sure I allow time to travel to Witney. 

Michael Grant
👍

Fri 7 Jul 2023, 06:13

Janet , sorry just for some clarification, both sets of roads works, Hailey road witney and Crawley both start on Monday for 10 days 

Janet Burroughs
👍 1

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 23:39

Crawley road over the bridge closed for 10 days from 10th according to signs there. 

Went to Witney today via Hailey and got there without a problem. Work in Bridge Street which caused a problems a couple of weeks ago completed. 

Gareth Epps
👍 1

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 20:59

Maybe if they closed the roads through Hailey and Crawley, we wouldn’t have so many people using the town as a racetrack to get to Witney.

Sandy Fairhurst
👍 1

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 17:23

Looking at one.network and ticking “in next two weeks” it appears there are 2 different roadworks happening. 12-17th on Nine Acres Lane, and the 18th- 20th on Market St. Both Thames Water. with a road closure sign marked, though I’m blowed if I can work out what is happening to solve this.

Michael Grant
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 15:55

I saw that for the phones / BT, but the signs seems to suggest there will closure from Thames Water / Sewage 

christopher edeson
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 15:30

one network tells you its traffic lights not a closure when you focus in on it for hailey using the next 2 weeks filter

Michael Grant
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 14:59

Hello Chris

Thanks for the info, can i ask where you got the information from, just wondering if its a source i can use in the future?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 12:57

It’s not entirely clear but one.network seems to be implying that there’ll be two-way traffic on Market Street…

John Munro
👍 2

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 12:23

If Nine Acres Lane is going to be closed in the daytime all next week, how will people coming from the Spelsbury or Burford direction get into Charlbury?

Katie Ewer
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 10:18

The closure on Nine Acres Lane is for a new connection to be made to New Barn Garage. We had a letter yesterday from TW to say the road would be closed in the day time all next week. The Chippy School bus (CN-04) will not pick up or drop off at the Nine Acres Flats stop next week either, so anyone using that stop will need to use the Wychwood Close stop instead.

Simon J Harley
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 09:59

Does anyone understand the diversion route on the one.network page. I looked at it yesterday and it just made no sense to me.  

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 09:52

Also - saw a sign this morning for Thames Water works on Nine Acres Lane - looking at one.network it seems to indicate a full road closure - anyone have more info as could be a pain...

christopher edeson
👍 2

Thu 6 Jul 2023, 08:11

hailey isnt being closed its roadworks with traffic management (lights) 

Michael Grant
👍

Wed 5 Jul 2023, 17:31

I have noticed signs in both Hailey and Crawley that the roads will be closed for 10 days , yes that's at the same time from Monday 

My usual website one.network, doesn't show either of the road closures nor the diversion routes .

Does anyone know what they'll be ? 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.