Health services adverts

NADINE MILLS
👍 1

Sat 1 Jul 2023, 10:22

I'm afraid this is the way the NHS will go now - many political parties have been talking to US companies for a while - this is not news to me - I saw it coming and believe you will soon pay a fee to see your GP. If only we'd had a well thought out and good value tiered system years ago. Look up Benendon Health - this is a reasonably priced private health insurance and you can use it to access services like alternative treatments. Monitormyhealth is run by the NHS and you can get tests dropped in the post with very quick results - it's the same tests you'd have a the GP but finger prick with tubes.

Alice Brander
👍 3

Tue 27 Jun 2023, 12:06

Our local GP encouraged us to go online.  I wasn't unhappy with this as I think it's useful for all of us to have population wide data on health and if it helps for link ups between doctors and hospitals that would be good.  So I signed up and I get regular tips from Patient Access.

This week Patient Access was a long advert for the Circle Health Group.  A quick review brings up Centene Corporation, a publicly traded, managed care company in Missouri with links to health insurance etc.  In 2021 the Chief Exec of this company was earning $25m a year.  If I'm not paying for this directly, presumably the NHS is through our taxes.   Now there's a saving the Government could make.

I wouldn't touch this company with a very long barge-pole.   Does anyone have any recommendations for ethical companies providing the health services that we now have to pay for?  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.