Rose & Crown

Nicola Morgan
👍 5

Sat 24 Jun 2023, 05:36

Ladies in the Rose Charlie M.  Heaven forfend

Tom PAGE
👍 4

Sat 24 Jun 2023, 00:44

Thanks Sean, we all know the importance of beer to sustain a wonderful life, good luck for Saturday although you lot always smash it. 

Sean Hosking
👍 8

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 23:58

Thank you very much Tom and Nikki at The Rose and Crown for sponsoring a barrel at The Beer Festival.  Good to know we can always rely on you to put something back into the community.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 14:44

Are the pickled boiled eggs still there, though? Many a time a session that would have been cut short due to lack of sustenance has been saved after a couple of pickled eggs apre le dog walks!

Sandy Fairhurst
👍 6

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 12:40

Dogs too are well catered for. Scavenging trails have been set up, where vintage crisps and extra mature peanuts reward those keen enough to search out rarely visited historic corners.

michele marietta
👍 3

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 12:27

Locally sourced crayfish from down by the entrance to Mill Field. 

Nick Jones
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 12:04

Locally sourced seasonal, artisan British prawns one hopes?

Christopher Tatton
👍 2

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 11:51

Rumours beginning to circulate that the 1992 classic prawn sandwich will make an appearance on the new seasonal menu. 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 10

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 10:17

It’s little known that the Rose & Crown, like many high end restaurants, has a secret menu. You won’t find them advertised but, on request, you can purchase an amuse-bouche called “pork scratchings”, made by artisan chefs in Wednesbury. The complex palate combines a salt rush with a slow lingering burn of prime fat and faint hint of industrial welding. One for the true connoisseur.

Simon Towers
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 09:28

Brilliant I hope the cheese rolls will be returning as well due to popular demand!

Miranda Higham
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 09:10

I can recommend the charity fund raising sweets. Beautifully laid out in a presentation cardboard tray!

michele marietta
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 08:26

Do you cater for vegetarians and vegans? 

Charlie M
👍 1

Fri 23 Jun 2023, 00:06 (last edited on Fri 23 Jun 2023, 00:06)

Thank you Tom. I much look forward to this.
With such a menu, I would not wish to go anywhere else!
I heard a rumour also that ladies may be interested in discounted Brentford Nylons, available from the same establishment?

stephen cavell
👍 4

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 18:19

And better class company than the current hostelries.

Jim Holah
👍 7

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 17:17

At last, gourmet eating in Charlbury, is there a dress code?

Adrian Hunter
👍 1

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 17:15

EXCELLENT.

Tom PAGE
👍 43

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 16:19

Just a few lines to illuminate our upper class clients to let you know now that now that summertime has officially started we have introduced a very high end gourmet menu. Our prestige range of snacks are now on the menu. We understand this is a time of austerity and living in a deprived, cash strapped part of the country this is only for our very exclusi ve clients. With prices such as crisps £1.20, peanuts £1.10 and Twiglets an eye watering £2.50 per packet it’s not for the faint hearted. But with past A1 diners such as Arthur Mullard, Bernie Winters and no lower than Sir Les Patterson this is truly a global menu. With many food critics including the likes of Jay Rayner trying to book a table, we take pride in protecting the anonymity of our A1 client list. So it just remains to say:- buon appetito, kali orexi, bon appetite, bhojan kaa aanand lijiye and untas de merde.

Go on why not, oh and by the way the beers are pretty good.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.