The Bull

Wendy Bailey
👍

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 20:04

Hi Mike,  I have messaged you via the mail box top right of the page. .....

Mark Sulik
👍 8

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:45 (last edited on Sat 8 Jul 2023, 19:08)

To purchase a house next to a pub one would expect noise , to purchase a house next to a church, expect to hear the bells ringing .  

Claire Wilding
👍 3

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:43 (last edited on Thu 9 Nov 2023, 19:58)

Mike Grant
👍 4

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:36

It is most welcome, Phil, I agree. They just need to turn it down a bit..,..

Phil Morgan
👍 13

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:33

Mike, the re-opening of a landmark pub in the centre of town is surely a cause for celebration rather than carping about people enjoying themselves. I did enjoy being introduced to the Hereford bull outside the front door. Well done to the Bull crew!

Mike Grant
👍 4

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:19 (last edited on Sat 8 Jul 2023, 18:22)

Nothing wrong with people enjoying themselves, obviously, and nobody’s begrudging that - it’s rather unfair to suggest otherwise. But when it sounds like you’re actually in the beer garden when living in the area then it’s clearly too loud when you’re trying to enjoy a quiet weekend. People shouldn’t have to shut their windows in this heat just to make the racket quieter. There are residential properties all around, including retirement ones, and I’m sure a bit of consideration would be welcome. 

Mark Sulik
👍 11

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 17:59

People enjoying themselves in a public house garden - whatever next !

Charlie M
👍 10

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 14:55

It's probably people trying to have fun. Maybe they have a punk-rock band on. I might have a wander down myself 😜

Mike Grant
👍 1

Sat 8 Jul 2023, 14:31

Horrendous and inconsiderate noise coming from The Bull this afternoon when I walked past, very loud music and shouting etc. Looks like yet another one of their exclusive private parties before it opens fully. Does anyone know if they even have planning permission for speakers in their garden? 

The Bull
👍 20

Fri 30 Jun 2023, 16:18

Dear Charlbury,

Our weekly update has some exciting updates for you this week. As we gear up for the official opening of The Bull with just a few days to go, we couldn't be more excited to welcome each and every one of you.

Mark your calendars because the big day is Sunday, July 9th! We'll be swinging our doors open at noon, and we can't wait to have you join us for an incredible experience.

Until then, we will still be open for our usual soft opening offer this weekend! Starting from 12 noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Fingers crossed the sun comes out again.

As we put the final touches on our pub, our dedicated team is working tirelessly to create an unforgettable atmosphere just for you. We want every moment you spend with us to be absolutely amazing. Your patience and understanding during this time mean the world to us. Thank you.

Within the next week, we'll be launching our online table booking system, making it super convenient for you to reserve your table online. Until then, feel free to give us a call at 01608656957 to secure your table. Our team will be more than happy to assist you.

We can't thank you enough for your incredible support during our soft opening. Your presence, feedback, and enthusiasm have been truly invaluable. We're so grateful to have such a wonderful community by our side.

Have an amazing weekend, and mark your calendars for Sunday, July 9th.

We're counting down the days.

Warmest regards,

The Bull Team

Dave Oates
👍 22

Fri 30 Jun 2023, 15:51

I am appalled by the comments about the menu at the Bull around vegetarian options and sustainability. The Bull is in a soft opening phase until the work on the kitchens, hotel rooms etc is complete, hence the reason for the (delicious) BBQ and limited options of sides , all of which as Choe said, is responsibly sourced. Can we not all just celebrate the fact that the owners are trying to build a community pub with a fantastic atmosphere that compliments the Rose & Crown and the Three  Horseshoes and also be part of the mini food revolution that is currently taking shape in Charlbury?? As a final point, I am definitely a carnivore, but my favourite thing on the current menu is the tomato salad!

Helen Chapman
👍 5

Tue 27 Jun 2023, 17:52

I'm really glad to see that the Bull is thriving again, and they seem to genuinely want feedback from locals - a friend and I got asked what we thought when we were in for a drink a couple of weeks ago. I sympathise with people who think the food is a bit meat-heavy though - we had a meal during the pop-up period after Christmas and there were no veggie main meals on the menu - it'd be nice to know there will be some more veggie options soon.

Catherine Ball
👍 30

Tue 27 Jun 2023, 09:12

I’m pretty happy that the number of places to eat and drink and gather with friends seems to be multiplying, and soon we will have several choices if we want an evening out. For a community this size, I think that’s great and we are lucky to see our centre developing to ensure we remain a vibrant and dynamic place. I’ve really enjoyed the happy and buzzing atmosphere at The Bull over the last few weeks, even if some prices are a bit beyond my budget - I can still have a drink once a week with friends. I can’t wait to be a customer at Chloe’s and Marcia’s (Amarelo) and to see what they create - and so pleased to be able to walk to a local establishment for a treat night out. 

Rachel Ramsay
👍 27

Tue 27 Jun 2023, 07:16

They’re still finishing the renovations inside so the bbq is a great way of a) keeping themselves afloat and b) allowing us to enjoy the Bull and its lovely food and atmosphere in the meantime, especially given the run of great weather. This seems so patently obvious that I can’t believe anyone would even think of whining about bbqs being bad for the environment as if this was their permanent operating model going forward 🤦🏼‍♀️ 

Claire Wilding
👍 3

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 19:14

The Bull has not answered our summons and is now in contempt of Charlbury.info

Philip Ambrose
👍 15

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 15:59

A vegetable heavy menu could be even less sustainable if the green beans are airfreighted from Kenya or Peru as I sometimes see in local supermarkets,

Local and seasonal meat and veg preferred.

christopher edeson
👍 42

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 15:38

the world has gone mad when people are moaning about bbq's - if you lot are that bothered about what the bull want to serve and how they cook it, just go in and ask!!!! they have a business to run so wont be sat on here all day every day responding to the moaning population of this town

Liz Reason
👍 5

Mon 26 Jun 2023, 11:58

Thanks Chloe. But sustainability talk from Chloe there doesn't really cut the mustard.  An answer from The Bull would be nice. A meat-heavy menu does not signify a commitment to sustainability, nor does reliance on a BBQ which contributes to poor air quality. I'm feeling rather disappointed.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 13:46

Thank you Chloe. It’s a lot clearer now. It can be hard navigating when you have allergies or intolerances. 

Chloe Horner
👍 20

Thu 22 Jun 2023, 13:41

I just thought I'd chip-in here as I had dinner at The Bull last night, and do know bits and pieces about their menu and sourcing.

The menu is all based around the barbeque (short-ribs, mackerel, prawns, rib of beef, kebabs) with a bunch of delicious sides (grilled peas, tomato salad, smoky potatoes).  Their meat is often from Paddock Farm (regenerative farmers/butchery in Brailes).

Like 'Chloe's' The Bull also gets a weekly delivery from Kitchen Garden People, who are based at FarmED in Shipton.  They are also growing veg in conjunction with Bruern Estate (Milton Under Wychwood)

What I would caveat this with though is as Christopher suggests, just pop down and ask. Speaking from personal experience dishes can often have a small tweak that makes them fit dietary requirements without compromising on flavour, but it's fantastic to know in advance so that you get the best experience!

I am very hopeful that come summer there will genuinely be something for everyone between the Deli, myself, Marcia, The Bull, The Bell, Spendlove takeaways and Fiveways.  

I hope this helps! Cx

Emily Algar
👍 1

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 20:13

I did message Sascha via this website as The Bull doesn’t have a website yet or contact details.

christopher edeson
👍 12

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 10:16

Im sure they will once they get their kitchen fully up and running, why dont you go in for a drink and ask them?

Rosannagh Scarlet
👍 3

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 09:38

Also vegans?

Liz Reason
👍 4

Mon 19 Jun 2023, 18:51

Will The Bull be catering for vegetarians? What can you tell us about food sourcing? (Asking for a friend)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.