Kat Patrick
👍

Sat 12 Dec 2009, 17:12

Two more days to vote.

Kat Patrick
👍

Tue 8 Dec 2009, 16:53

Dear Charlbury Friends
I'm a long-time resident who has had long-time aspirations of getting fiction published, and now I've got the chance to realise this dream. But I need your help!
A POD (print on demand) publisher in America is running an X-Factor-type contest for 40 manuscripts he's received over the year, and the top three will be guaranteed a full reading by him.
After last round, my book was running 5th, only ten votes behind the leader. We're on Phase 3, with voting lasting until the 15th of Dec, and I would very much appreciate any of you popping over to the website, signing up, and having a look.
His system is cumbersome, so please stick with it. Any problems, then e-mail me here. Meanwhile, the site to start with is: wherethemapends.proboards.com/index.cgi?
You need to register, then go onto the first bulletin board called Marcher Lord Select. After that, you will see two different contests running: the full novel contest and the premise contest. My book, Land of the Black Rose, is in the second one. Browse through the synopses of the 20 quarter-finalists and choose between 3 and 8 in the Poll sub-board.
Easy, right? Oh, but so very noble of you to support a local lass!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.