Pulham's Coaches

Emily Algar
👍 3

Fri 9 Jun 2023, 14:56

My "oh dear" was to do with the reputation Go Ahead has amongst its employees. My dad has worked for various iterations of Go Ahead, not in Oxfordshire, and would vowed never to do so again. Unfortunately, they seem to buying up small bus companies all over the South East, so he is now sadly working for them again.

I do hope the service becomes more regular and frequent, and the cost of a return to Chipping Norton and Witney come down, but I also Pulhams employees are also protected.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Thu 8 Jun 2023, 19:38

That surprises me! One of the biggest bus operators (Diamond/Rotala) joined midway through the scheme.

Liz Leffman
👍

Thu 8 Jun 2023, 18:52

Not such good news I'm afraid regarding the £2 bus fare.

The terms and conditions of the £2 fare cap don’t allow for additional funds to be provided for new services. A number of authorities are querying this now because as a long term scheme it appears obvious that fewer and fewer services will remain eligible as tenders change hands etc, but we don’t have any clarity on this yet.  

I have been assured though that there are no plans to cut the service.

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Thu 8 Jun 2023, 15:56

Actually maybe not oh dear, as this may mean they will participate in the £2 bus fare.  Will find out more about their plans from their CEO.

Emily Algar
👍 1

Thu 8 Jun 2023, 14:38

Oh dear… 

Matt Bullock
👍 4

Thu 8 Jun 2023, 13:53 (last edited on Thu 8 Jun 2023, 13:55)

From CBW Press release, maybe changes (improvements, £2 fares?) to the X9.

BREAKING NEWS Go-Ahead acquires Pulhams

Gloucestershire-based coach and bus operator Pulham & Sons is to become part of Go-Ahead’s Oxford Bus Company division, it has been announced. Pulhams operates a fleet of 90 vehicles on 22 bus routes in the Cotswolds plus demand responsive transport services and school, college, and corporate coach travel, and employs 126 people.

The acquisition will expand Go-Ahead’s Oxford business to the west, with the operator promising improved connectivity between Pulhams’ bus services in Oxfordshire and the wider Go-Ahead network. ....

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.