Afternoon mail collection

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 15:38 (last edited on Wed 7 Jun 2023, 15:39)

I made the original request to Royal Mail for a larger post box during Covid when I arrived there to find it full to overflowing.  It took them so long to carry out the replacement Priority box that the reason for the change soon ended but we kept 4 pm collection.

I shall protest to Royal Mail  as Ticknell Piece was the only afternoon collection apart from that at the Coop.

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 15:35

Weren't the Priority Postboxes (as such) created to handle the Covid tests, which were not permitted through the post offices?  Perhaps they are simply being phased out and we are going back to the old levels of service for the postboxes.

Presumably the latest collections will now be through the PO in the Coop, but that is a bit of a faff since it seems even the simplest stamped envelope needs to be weighted and checked in, and that often means queuing up.

Stephen Andrews
👍 6

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 08:18

The provision of the Ticknell Piece Priority Post Box with the 4.30pm pick up was the result of a specific request to Royal Mail in 2020 as Charlbury had no such service for the prompt return of COVID PCR tests. In spite of the postbox being made larger within the last year as it was so popular, we will have travel to Enstone or Stonesfield. Please can the Town Council get onto the case again? It is unacceptable that a town the size of Charlbury does not have a late post service.

Jonathan Coyle
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 07:47

I think it’s actually in Stonesfield (from Royal Mail’s post box finder - selecting “priority postbox”)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 07:41

Enstone Crossroads at the top of Nine Acres Lane I would think 

John Partington
👍

Wed 7 Jun 2023, 06:45

The post-box on Ticknell Piece Road no longer has an afternoon collection, but a notice on it says that there is one from the box "at The Cross". Which is that?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.