Recycling Printer Cartridges

Andrew Greenfield
👍

Wed 24 May 2023, 21:18

I think it also depends on the cartridge make, model and whether or not it is a "remanufactured" item, ie, a compatible version which usually means refilled and guaranteed by a company who did not create the original.  I have been using compatible cartridges for my printers of many makes for a very long now with no problems at all and very high quality printed output.

Which? magazine has recommended the "Choice Stationery" versions I use for many years and the only downside of them is that they are not reusable again so no recycler that I have found will take them.  At least they have already been recycled so I don't feel too guilty about that.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Wed 24 May 2023, 19:28

I take my old laser printer cartridges to the Vape shop in Corn Street, Witney. They also do refills. 

Sara Mullen
👍

Wed 24 May 2023, 18:41

Can anyone give me some info about where to send these please? I know some charities do this but not sure which ones? Thanks

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.