Rubbish collection // Market Street

Mark Sulik
👍

Sun 4 Jun 2023, 10:16

More damage to parked vehicles in Market Street, with limited access, poor parking and the inability for large vehicles , ( Fire Rescue and Ambulances ) to pass - 

Liz Leffman
👍 2

Thu 25 May 2023, 19:29 (last edited on Thu 25 May 2023, 19:34)

I've been in contact with WODC regarding rubbish collections in Market St while the scaffolding is in place.  This is what I have been told:

"Ubico have tried to gain access with a number of different vehicles ( ranging in size ) and were unable to complete collections due to the possible risk of damage to vehicles or property because of the restricted space.

On Tuesday 9th May, Ubico advised that they would only be able to collect bins if presented at either end of the road and crews would collect from there on 11th May. I believe this was circulated to residents as much as possible and this was also posted on the West Oxfordshire District Council website.

I have raised this with the Refuse Supervisor at Ubico again this morning and he has advised that all residents would need to present at either end of the road for all future collections until the scaffolding has been removed."

I realise this is inconvenient but unfortunately there isn't any other way of managing collections while the scaffolding is in place. Can you please let your neighbours know about this arrangement.

Jane Crane
👍 1

Wed 24 May 2023, 15:52

Thank you Liz. 
I do think the residents of Market Street are a patient lot .

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Tue 23 May 2023, 19:21

I will contact Ubico and find out what they plan to do to get the rubbish collected

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 23 May 2023, 19:20

It’s coming down at the start of next week.

Sue Way
👍

Tue 23 May 2023, 19:08 (last edited on Tue 23 May 2023, 21:35)

Does this mean the scaffolding must come down? 

Jane Crane
👍

Tue 23 May 2023, 18:28

Boring boring boring ...yet again no bin collection in Market street today.

This has been going on since the scaffolding went up two months ago! 

Surely a parking restriction opposite could have been sorted in two months.

Thank goodness no one has needed emergency services and that the permission expires next week

Mark Sulik
👍 2

Fri 12 May 2023, 22:10

Of concern - if the bin lorry can’t access, what about a fire engine in an emergency? 
no parking opposite the scaffold resolves the problem I would suggest ?

Kay C Gussi
👍

Fri 12 May 2023, 16:36

I hate to be pedantic, but I took out the bin for the Old Post House and left it up by Corner House to be emptied. There are several unmarked ones there now, but not the Old Post House bin. As it isn't my bin,  I need to track it down.

I am happy to drag an unmarked one to your place in exchange - I am sure it was an unintentional mistake!

Please reply here or send a note through the website. Thank you!

Tim Yates
👍 1

Tue 9 May 2023, 16:39

The council haven't manage to collect bins on Market Street for some time due to the scaffolding. Having tried (and failed) again today they say that they will come back on Thursday morning and that bins should be left at the end of the road (both sides) BEFORE the scaffolding so that they can collect.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.