Finstock shop

Helen Chapman
👍

Tue 2 May 2023, 14:23

Thanks Sandy - that's sad to hear.

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Mon 1 May 2023, 09:54

February’s edition of the Finstock News writes this (by Rod Ireland)

“Income has continued to decline, and our costs have risen to the point that we would now have to TRIPLE our daily revenue just to reach a break-even point . So, by summer, the reserves will be exhausted, and we will have no money to keep the Shop open “

The article explains that as shopping habits change there is just not enough customer footfall.

Charlie M
👍

Mon 1 May 2023, 09:45

Not that it's any of my business - as I do not live there - but is there any legal scope for the "outbuilding that is currently being used as the Village Shop" to be labelled as an Asset of Community Value?

Helen Chapman
👍

Mon 1 May 2023, 07:53

I just noticed that the ex Crown pub in Finstock is up for sale, including the building that houses the shop. The estate agent details mention that the lease ends this summer: “We are informed by the vendor that there is a further outbuilding included that is currently being used as the Village Shop and we understand that the lease comes to an end in June 2023. This building, subject to planning, could be used for a variety of uses.” This isn’t great news if it means the shop is closing - does anyone know any more? Might they have another building lined up to lease?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.