Cars in St Mary's Church

glena chadwick
👍 13

Wed 10 May 2023, 11:52

Elizabeth--it's not so simple as it looks. The kindly person/people bringing disabled to the service are usually busy people who then have preparation to do in church. If they went off to park it might take quite a time as the very nearby spaces get quickly filled. Surely there are only one or two cars there for the length of the service so it's not a big deal ?

Elizabeth Trough
👍

Tue 9 May 2023, 18:26

Dear Glena - I agree with you in that disabled access is important to provide, however I do not believe it necessary to park in the Churchyard once they have been dropped off. 

Chris, shutting the gates sounds like a good idea!

glena chadwick
👍 9

Sun 30 Apr 2023, 17:55

I think the only cars that are parked in the churchyard are one's that are bringing disabled people to church. 

Chris Wastie
👍 2

Fri 28 Apr 2023, 21:28

dear ms Trough the only vehicles aloud to use the church yard are herses ,the parish counsel should jolly well put up a notice & keep the gates shut Church st end ,it sounds to me that the church yard is being used as a rat run .what ever next,,,,,,Christopher Wastie

Elizabeth Trough
👍 6

Fri 28 Apr 2023, 11:17

Hello,

Over the last few months I have observed several cars not only driving through the Church grounds, but also parking on and around gravestones. I just wanted to question this behaviour, as although I understand that some may have mobility issues, there is typically street parking available nearby as an alternative. 

Please let me know if you have any other opinions on this, whether to the contrary or not. 

Thank you

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.