Gold and silver leaflet drop - seller beware

John Partington
👍 3

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 18:34

I'm sure that there are other reputable buyers, but it may help you to know that the auction house I work for (British Bespoke Auctions, who ran that very enjoyable Valuation Day at church last year) will sell gold, jewellery etc for you and realise very good prices.

Alternatively I regularly sell gold myself in Birmingham & London and will gladly do so on your behalf, or (possibly) buy from you, or (certainly) offer you free confidential advice.

07555 608780; john@pjohnp.me.uk

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 15:40

I invited this character into my home some time ago because I had a few bits of jewellery that I no longer use.  He was quite disparaging about my treasures, possibly in order to roll the pitch ready to offer me £100 for a brooch that's been valued at upwards of £3000.  So I asked him to leave, but he tried to pressure me into playing silly games about the valuation for some other things, and he wouldn't stop until I made it very clear that he should go - the kind of 'big man' games that nobody would dare inflict on a bloke.  So my advice (thank you Simon) is to not go near him.  

Simon Hogg
👍 6

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 13:32

I'm assuming that the whole town or almost all of it has been leafleted with an offer to buy gold, silver, jewellery, medals etc. If anyone knows of a vulnerable resident who might be taken in by this, especially with their offer to visit you at home, please caution them.

They quote a purchase price of 22ct gold at £1288 per ounce, gold is currently selling at around £1600 per ounce. 

Also the domain name quoted in the leaflet is not currently registered.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.