Dance workshop Saturday afternoon

Elisabeth Partington
👍 1

Fri 21 Apr 2023, 17:04

There will also be tea and cake!

Janet Sly
👍

Wed 19 Apr 2023, 14:22

Thanks for pointing this out Mark. I have amended my original post.

Mark Benians
👍

Tue 18 Apr 2023, 15:20

I think this is the website: www.stonesfieldfolkdance.danceorg.uk  

Janet Sly
👍 1

Tue 18 Apr 2023, 14:27 (last edited on Wed 19 Apr 2023, 14:14)

If you’re not busy (and we know there is a lot on), why not come along to our folk dance workshop on this Saturday 22nd April from 2 – 4 pm (see events listing).

Wychwayz Border Morris will be running the event jointly with the Stonesfield Folk Dance Club which will feature a mix of morris dancing and English country dance.

Stonesfield FDC write:

‘Dancers and musicians who meet every Wednesday evening at Stonesfield extend a welcoming opportunity to anyone curious to observe/participate in this aspect of our rich cultural heritage. If you have watched ‘Pride and Prejudice’ you will have some idea.

'Expect a flavour of lively or elegant dances with music to match written and published from the 17th century to the present giving us an astonishing variety and wealth of repertoire which is still expanding and much enjoyed today.

'We dance in sets, circles or squares and the figures are walked or skipped to a prompt from experienced callers following a ‘walk through’.

'There is never a need to come with a partner. It’s friendly and fun, come and see!’

Further information at www.stonesfieldfolkdance.danceorg.uk

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.