Books at the Corner House

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 13 Apr 2023, 11:13

Thank you John... the books are now on one of the tables in the back kitchen. 

John Partington
👍 5

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 22:44 (last edited on Wed 12 Apr 2023, 23:27)

Oh dear .. sorry Emily! I get so many messages about books, and yours must have slipped through the net.

All proceeds go to charity .. the Corner House if they're sold upstairs for 50p, or Corner House & Cornerstone if they're sold downstairs for £1 or £2. If they're worth a lot more I may sell them online, charging a small fee for doing so (towards my Abe seller's subscription), with proceeds to Corner House. If they're not saleable (or are but don't sell!) locally I pass some on to charity shops, sell quite a few (perhaps 200 a week) wholesale to bulk retailers, and otherwise sell the residue by weight (£20 a tonne - about a month's surplus) for recycling in India .. my previous hospital incinerator contract has expired. None, unless mouldy or wormy, goes to landfill.

I hope that helps. I'm always happy to collect from you, or you can save me work by taking them to the back kitchen in the Corner House.

Emily Algar
👍

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 17:51

Thanks Simon. I have tried emailing John but haven’t received a response hence my question on here.

Simon Walker
👍 1

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 17:06

John Partington - who organises the books in The Corner House - will be able to give you the definitive answer.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 16:57

Not sure but think they go to be recycled if they’ve not been sold

Emily Algar
👍

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 16:27

What happens to the ones that don't sell to people in the community? Do they get sold on or recycled?

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍 1

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 13:52

The books go jointly to the Corner House and to Cornerstone 

Emily Algar
👍

Tue 11 Apr 2023, 12:46

I have a selection of non-fiction and fiction as well as a couple of IR textbooks to donate. Does anyone know how it works in terms of where the profits go? I really want the books to do some good rather than just end up being recycled.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.