Multi-region DVD player?

Matthew Greenfield
👍 1

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 21:58

It's just for a one-off so probably don't need a new DVD player but thank you for the offer Valerie. 

Charlie, the model number of my Panasonic player is DMP-BD79.

Richard, the film I want to watch is just a DVD, not a Blu-ray, so will be in touch!

Many thanks everyone...

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 21:58

There is a piece of software. Google make mkv. 

Valerie Stewart
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 20:56

Hello Matther,

I've got one that you can have, for keeps, provided that you remove the DVD that's stuck in it. I gather that this is a pretty easy task (I asked the forum once) but I took the coward's way out and bought a new one.  The one I'm offering was bought about four years ago.  

Sing out if you'd like it. 

Charlie M
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 20:35

Matthew, if you  leave the model number of your machine here, I will have a look myself (if you are happy to do so).

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 20:33

I have a multi-region DVD player but it is for ordinary DVDs, not blu-ray. Contact me through the web site.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 19:52

Charlie, many thanks for that info and the link. I tried a few suggestions recommended for my old Panansonic Blu Ray player but sadly they didn't work. Thanks again for the help though.

Charlie M
👍 2

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 16:54 (last edited on Sat 18 Mar 2023, 16:56)

Matthew, most DVD players can be made to play all regions; it normally requires a sequence of the control buttons. It's worth checking out your make and model number on the 'net. Here is a typical site:
https://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/how-to-make-your-dvd-player-region-free.html#:~:text=LG%20DVD%20Players-,1.,%2C%200%2C%200%2C%200.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 16:43

I stupidly bought a DVD of an old film that won't work in our DVD player because the DVD is for another region (region one I believe). Does anyone have a multi-region DVD player that they are willing to lend for a couple of hours? Many thanks in advance...

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.