Possible Scam

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Wed 8 Mar 2023, 16:14 (last edited on Wed 8 Mar 2023, 16:19)

It's definitely a scam Graham.

There is no Carphone warehouse in Bradford.  I called Action Fraud and my Bank who are keeping an out for any fraudulent activity.

Action Fraud gave me a number to pass to O2, but when I called them they said they had no record of me.

Lesson:  do not accept anything from a courier without seeing proof of ID and a copy of the Order.

It's only taken me 7 hours to get nowhere.  

Then I smashed my iPhone on the floor!  Not deliberately- it just fell.

So now I have a useless Samsung and a smashed iPhone!I might follow up the ID theft thing on my household insurance,  but at the moment I'm too worn out.

Graham Wisker
👍 2

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 15:16

It's a scam Hannen, someone has hacked your account.   Items can only be sent to your address then the scammers arrange a collection saying it was delivered incorrectly. Fake O2 paperwork. 

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 14:04

Almost certainly a scam. 

Derbyshire police have a page on mobile phone delivery fraud. They say <<In some cases, victims have received parcels containing iPhones, which include a contract taken out in their name and address without their knowledge or consent. After the phone is delivered a second uniformed ‘courier’…

Long post - click to read full text

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 11:08

The plot thickens!

A courier just turned up to collect the O2 iPhone and apologised for it being sent to me.

He gave me an official receipt from O2.  So that's one less phone in the house!

Miles Walkden
👍 1

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 17:40

Start selling them! You could make a fortune.

Hannen Beith
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 15:44

A chap turned up at the door today and gave me and iPhone locked to O2.  Then I was phoned by CarphoneWarehouse who said I'd ordered it, which I hadn't!

I never ordered it.

My house is filling up with broken/unordered mobile phones!

Help please!

Hannen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.