we need the street lights turned off earlier! unacceptable! (Debate)

Lesley Algar
👍

Sat 6 Nov 2010, 09:50

There are more efficient way of helping the environment than turning off a few street light. If people started walking more in Charlbury rather than driving to the shops or station.

Emily Algar
👍

Thu 28 Oct 2010, 21:53

i think we actually need MORE street lights in charlbury. particularly on the stretch of road from the coop to the crossroads. as a young women walking back late at night after the last train or bus, not being able to see a thing is quite disconcerting and makes me feel rather vulnerable. and i agree Roger, people are less likely to be up to mischief if there's a chance they'll be recognised.

Roger Short
👍

Thu 5 Nov 2009, 10:37

Well mandy if you lived in the inner city rather than the lovely little village of finstock you too could enjoy the electric light system .Keep the candles burning babe lol

mandy
👍

Wed 4 Nov 2009, 22:59

AT least you have street lights think your self lucky.

John Kearsey
👍

Sun 1 Nov 2009, 11:13

So "the turbines keep turning no matter how much power you save" Hmmm. With that sort of in depth scientific knowledge Ken, I can see you are a real authority on global warming. I would suggest a remedial physics class.

Roger Short
👍

Thu 29 Oct 2009, 07:54

Ken ,i didnt think i would find myself saying this .What you say is true and also how long would it be before residents in charlbury would be complaining about the behaviour of people who like to cause problems shall we say late at night /early morning .The lights being on do deter people from causing trouble because they stand the chance of being recognised.

Charlotte Penn
👍

Fri 23 Oct 2009, 18:48

I've never understood why the lights are kept on throughout the night? I agree turn them off - a little after the last train and bus.

ken jones
👍

Thu 22 Oct 2009, 19:11

why turn off the street lights every body knows global warming is not man made.the turbines at the power station still keep turning no matter how much power you save.The planet temperature changes every few thousand years there is nothing you can do to stop it so stop listening to doom mongers and live your life.

Frederick Samengo - Turner
👍

Wed 21 Oct 2009, 11:47

we need to get the lights off earlier at night, it would save money and the environment.
whos with me?!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.