Our Troubled Rivers - tomorrow

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 11:01

I saw the program on Sunday and was very riled the way our rivers are being treated. I've just completed the petition  https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/633609

Rod Evans
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 22:33

Re Charlie's post, Ash Smith & Prof Peter Hammond of WASP were featured on Sunday, viewable no doubt on iplayer for those who missed it.  Their evidence and tireless campaigning have been hugely instrumental in bringing the issue to the fore - and as the programme showed, there are now countless local and wider groups campaigning on it around the country.

I'll try not to get too political about it on the main board but no prizes for guessing where my sympathies lie - or at least, who I won't be voting for next time round! 

Not sure where Pt 2 next Sunday will take us but definitely one to catch.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 16:55

Signed. This should be pulled out as a separate item with a explanation as it might attract more signatures?

Brigid Avison
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 14:54

WASP will be at the Burford Eco Day on Sat 18 March, giving a talk at 11am -- one of a line-up of interesting talks through the day. The event, in the Warwick Hall, 10am to 5pm, includes a repair cafe (11-3), various stalls and locally made food. 

Charlie M
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 13:16 (last edited on Mon 6 Mar 2023, 13:16)

I watched it. A very interesting programme, which was also profoundly disturbing. I assume that the issues that apply to us here will be covered in Part 2, which is next Sunday (12th March) on BBC2 at 8pm.

Alice Brander
👍 1

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 11:37

Thank you Gareth, I've signed that.  Isn't it so depressing having all these checks and balances removed. 

Gareth Epps
👍 5

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 10:31

On WASP-related matters. please consider signing this petition. The issue is a bit complex but the Government are trying to repeal by the back door legislation that allows the public to access data and information on the sewage dumped in our rivers by privatised water companies. The angling community campaigned for this for years but the right is incredibly important to anyone interested in cleaning up our rivers.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/633609

Phil Morgan
👍

Sun 5 Mar 2023, 18:03

Absolutely a must-see tonight at 8pm on BBC2

Rod Evans
👍 2

Sat 4 Mar 2023, 13:25

Sorry for duplication but hoping for as many as possible to see this!

THIS SUNDAY! 5th March 8pm BBC2. OUR TROUBLED WATERS - Paul Whitehouse's new hard-hitting 2-part documentary starts this Sunday - WASP features in the first of two programmes. Please share and let your friends know. This has been a year in the making and has dug deep into water pollution. This Sunday 8pm

Also, WASP are holding a 'walk & talk' meeting in Witney on Sat 11 March from 1-3pm, meeting at the Corn Exchange, Market Square - visiting the Windrush & with explanatory talks.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.