Lack of TV Signal

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 2 Mar 2023, 13:16

Thanks all but it came back yesterday by magic!

Richard Broughton
(site admin)
👍 1

Wed 1 Mar 2023, 11:37 (last edited on Wed 1 Mar 2023, 11:38)

Alas, it seems to be the case that the digital signals that now drive the terrestrial component of our modern TVs (i.e., Freeview) are subject to interference from trees, among other things, if they are nearby and inline with the transmitter (Beckley Park). We have a good terrestrial signal, but our near neighbour had to have her aerial moved to a different part of the house to get it out of the blocking effects of a large, dense tree directly behind.  Trees coming into leaf, getting wet or blown about, etc. can all cause changes in viewing quality, and the quality/sensitivity of the aerial is a factor as well.  All of which suggests if one relies on terrestrial TV (as distinct from Satellite or Internet) and is having problems then the services of an aerial professional may be required.

Jan Going
👍 2

Wed 1 Mar 2023, 11:10

Although I live in Chipping Norton I had problems when there was a power cut a few months back.  The TV signal never came back.  I contacted Oxford Aerials who know about the transmission problems in this area.  They installed this, that and the other and now everything is working well.  Might be a good idea to let them have a look.  Very nice people and extremely knowledgeable.

Rachel Brushfield
👍

Wed 1 Mar 2023, 10:27

Our TV signal has short breaks when the screen goes black with no picture, and then it comes back. Happening more and more frequently. No idea re the cause and how to resolve it. Any ideas?! 

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 12:02

Hi Susie, I've had issues with sky news ( channel 233) lately. BBC seems OK. I looked for faults and could find no local ones.  My reception is variable based either on times of day or the atmospheric conditions.  It could be that the local building geography has changed. 

I checked https://www.freeview.co.uk/ and got

TRANSMITTER NAME: Charlbury

COVERAGE PREDICTION: Good

TV REGION: South

BBC REGIONAL NEWS: South Today - Oxford

BBC channel information

Based on the transmitter you are using these are the BBC services available to you.

MULTIPLEX FREQUENCY COVERAGE PREDICTION

BBC A 39 GOOD - You are likely to receive all services

BBC channels in this multiplex: BBC ONE, BBC TWO, BBC THREE, BBC FOUR, CBBC, CBeebies, BBC NEWS, BBC Parliament, BBC Red Button, BBC RB 1, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 1Xtra, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 3, BBC Radio 4, BBC Radio 4 Extra, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC 5 Live Sports Extra, BBC 6 Music, BBC Asian Network, BBC World Service, BBC Radio Berkshire, BBC Radio Gloucestershire, BBC Radio Oxford, BBC Three Counties Radio, BBC Radio Wiltshire

D3&4 42 GOOD - You are likely to receive all services

BBC B HD 45 GOOD - You are likely to receive all services

BBC channels in this multiplex: BBC ONE HD, BBC TWO HD, BBC THREE HD, CBBC HD, BBC FOUR HD, CBeebies HD

Christine Battersby
👍

Mon 27 Feb 2023, 19:58

I've had this problem for quite some months now, although individual stations sometimes come back and Channel 7 is nearly always there (some other rubbish programmes as well).

I'm now watching TV via iPlayer (for BBC) and via an amazon firestick for most other things -- although I sometimes also use screen mirroring for ITVX (cuts out any delay). I will eventually upgrade my TV and/or try to reposition the aerial, but not there yet.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 27 Feb 2023, 19:28

Has anyone else got a problem with seeing any TV and signal problems?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.