Parking Restrictions

Katie Ewer
👍 22

Sat 11 Mar 2023, 07:32

I live on Nineacres Lane and extending the double yellow lines is a massive improvement. I haven't really noticed any other impact than improved safety at the junction. There has been no noticeable increase in the speed of cars going past and the parking spaces on the road outside my house are unused most days. Really pleased to hear that some enforcement is happening too.

David Cook
👍 8

Fri 10 Mar 2023, 16:39

Sending out traffic warden to penalise residents does nothing to resolve parking issues in Charlbury. Extending double yellow lines has made the situation ref parking spaces much more difficult for residents in the streets concerned. Free parking at the railway station for commuters would be a more positive move.

Liz Leffman
👍 17

Fri 10 Mar 2023, 10:45 (last edited on Fri 10 Mar 2023, 10:46)

The reason for this flurry of activity is that I asked the wardens to come out. I had a complaint from a resident that a vehicle has been parking on the new double yellow line extension on Brown's Lane every day this week. The lines were extended so that the bus can pass more easily, so parking there defeats that purpose.  While they are here they are also going to other roads in the town. 

At the moment WODC is managing parking enforcement as they have done for many years, but from April 1st that responsibility moves to OCC.

Simon J Harley
👍

Fri 10 Mar 2023, 09:33

At least 2 tickets issued this morning on Church Street.  It looks like Charlbury is on the Traffic Wardens list this week.  He did say that the enforcement officers from the 1st April are from Oxford, so are likely to be a lot less lenient than he is.  I would say that James calculations need to be updated!

Mark Sulik
👍 2

Thu 9 Mar 2023, 10:31

I recall that previously mentioned on the forum that the responsibility of parking enforcement was changing ( may be incorrect here ) and that there will be over zealous enforcement on the way ? Would be nice for an update of the current and on going position , as a lot of car owners on Dyers Hill and the residents of Thames street migrating and the parking of cars there - rippling out. The problems have not gone away , just moved them to a different location ! 

Alan Cobb
👍 3

Wed 8 Mar 2023, 21:09

Seems like there has been a Traffic Warden visit today, I saw several tickets on cars on Dyers Hill at lunch time.

Simon J Harley
👍 3

Wed 1 Mar 2023, 05:34

What worries me is how unnoticeable the signs are. A friend of mine who has worked in the town centre for 20ish years parked there yesterday without noticing the signs. I appreciate that she may be unlikely to get a ticket, but I am sure it will happen sooner or later to someone as traffic wardens do visit the town.  We do see them occasionally. 

Colin Critch
(site admin)
👍

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 12:10 (last edited on Tue 28 Feb 2023, 12:10)

More on probability of getting a ticket here ( you need to change the times).  link

Hugh Belshaw
👍 1

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 10:16

A traffic warden does make occasional appearances in Charlbury. I was ticketed a couple of years ago - but let off the fine because I had a good excuse.

James Norris
👍 1

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 08:11 (last edited on Tue 28 Feb 2023, 09:13)

The odds of being ticketed are 105,120*/1

* total number of minutes in a year, divided the total number of minutes a traffic warden spends in Charlbury per annum

Jan Going
👍 1

Sat 25 Feb 2023, 12:22

A joke?  I lived in Charlbury for over a year and never, in that time, saw a policeman, let alone a traffic warden!

Simon J Harley
👍

Sat 25 Feb 2023, 12:11

For those who have managed to miss the signs, the parking bays outside of the chemist are now restricted to one hour during the day. I don’t know when the signs were fitted, but I suspect I have been illegally parking all this week. 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.