Mullin Motor Museum comment by 8th

James Norris
👍 2

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 13:55 (last edited on Tue 28 Feb 2023, 14:25)

I don’t think we’ll get that much additional traffic for it to be a problem and think it’s pretty poor form to bring in the individual, just like it has been with regards to Diddly Squat restaurant. Will be a fun and interesting addition to the area.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 13:16

James, the opening date will depend on whether the application is approved! And I quote from a (much longer) objection put in by Mr John Sword:

"This new ‘Mullin’ proposal is substantially different from the original submission that received outline planning approval. The number of residences has doubled and numerous apartments and other rooms have been added, along with workshops. A new car club is featured and the proposed utilisation has been greatly increased, to 300+ days a year, with no noise restrictions. This massive change means that the outline permission should be withdrawn and that this application should be treated as being a new proposal.

It is also relevant that there has been a change of applicant. The applicant is now the Mullin Automotive Museum Development Company Limited, a company that was only registered in September 2022. Its sole director is Mr Guy James Williams, who was also, until recently, a director of Soho House. ... Whilst the Museum is still an important part of this proposal, the primary focus and activity now seems likely to be that of a car club with connections to Soho Farmhouse. ... Most people would probably think that these local connections should have been disclosed as part of the planning application."

Numerous other objections from many other people as well, mostly relating to noise and light pollution, ecology and traffic. Mr Sword says he didn't, on balance, object to the original proposals (and neither did I), but the newest proposals raise really important questions about development in a rural area and should be treated as part of a new application. 

I have no confidence that WODC will view this as a new application. I also fail to understand why Charlbury Town Council has not been a consultee, since we will certainly be affected by the increase in traffic, both through the town and also at the junction with the A44. 

James Norris
👍 1

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 06:54 (last edited on Tue 28 Feb 2023, 07:19)

When is this due to open? The new accommodation looks great.

Christine Battersby
👍

Sat 25 Feb 2023, 17:14 (last edited on Sat 25 Feb 2023, 17:14)

Despite the heading of this thread, comments are open until March 23rd according to the given link.

For those puzzled about this topic re-appearing so soon after the earlier deadline had passed, Mullin have put in a revised, revised proposal (documents dated 21 February 2023). It includes a revised transport and also a construction traffic assessment, but I can't see that it properly engages with traffic through Charlbury. 

And in meantime Stagecoach is intending to cancel all no 7 bus journeys between Oxford Parkway and Chipping Norton and Oxford Parkway and Charlbury (starting March 5th), and these did feature in the original transport assessment.

Earlier comments are still there, but new comments have been added in the last few days.

Liz Drake
👍

Sat 25 Feb 2023, 08:15 (last edited on Sat 25 Feb 2023, 08:16)

If you would like to comment on the Mullin Motor Museum please do so by 8th March here: https://publicaccess.westoxon.gov.uk/online-applications/caseDetails.do?action=dispatch&keyVal=RMKKA4RK0GA00&caseType=Application

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.