Rollator

Julia Webb
👍

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 13:15

Hello Hannen, I am pleased you are sorted. 

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Tue 7 Mar 2023, 10:54 (last edited on Tue 7 Mar 2023, 11:13)

Thanks Julia but the Falls Clinic (on The Falls road somewhere, I suppose) have advised me not to buy a secondhand one.  They want to assess me properly and also said that there are now a range of rollators and it is important that I am provided with the correct one.  It will be brand new and FREE! 

Hannen.

Julia Webb
👍

Mon 6 Mar 2023, 18:13 (last edited on Mon 6 Mar 2023, 18:22)

Hannen - there is one for sale in Chippy. Just popped up on facebook marketplace. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 19:57

Thank you Valerie.

Inside knowledge is always helpful.

I now have two offers so that should be plenty!

Hannen.

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 10:52 (last edited on Fri 24 Feb 2023, 13:12)

Good morning Hannen,

I'm waiting for that nice Mr Nuffield to operate on my hip, so I walk either with a stick or with a rollator.  It may be worth thinking about a four-wheeled rollator (the three-wheeled jobs are called walkers, I believe) because the four-wheeled ones have a seat thingy with a big carry-bag underneath which serves to carry the shopping, sandwiches, machine gun emplacement, or what you will.  The drawback with either version is that while they have brakes to hold them in place, they're either on or off and so they can run away with you on hills.  (I don't know whether there are top drawer models that can slow you down).  

The walker, by contrast, has a bag that will carry your essentials but not very helpful for carrying shopping, etc.  

Hope that helps. 

Hannen Beith
👍

Fri 24 Feb 2023, 08:19

Does anyone have one of these going spare?

As someone who used to walk 5/6 miles a day regularly I now find it frustrating that even walking 1/4 mile is a struggle and getting to the Co-op and back is impossible. From FiveWays.

If I plan my journey around the X9 and S3 it is just about manageable.  But it does take some planning, and of course, Sundays are out.  I have in mind a 3 wheeler - which I could store in my concrete shed.

I've had a few falls which are being looked into.  About 3 a week now - inside and outside. I can pay a modest amount to the owner or a charity of their choice.  And many thanks to the kind ladies who've picked me up and helped me home.  Can one get such things on the NHS?!

Thank you!

Hannen.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.