No trespasser signs

Mark Sulik
👍

Mon 20 Feb 2023, 21:50

Land owners  = Guns and Shooting, . Best not to go into and onto someone’s garden or land . 

Alan Cobb
👍 4

Mon 20 Feb 2023, 14:03

Thought they were signs relating to Piglet's grandfather, Trespassers William?

martin
👍 2

Sun 19 Feb 2023, 22:05

Don’t walk on other peoples land. Surely it’s as simple as that! Sign or no sign! 

Martin Ellis
👍 4

Sun 19 Feb 2023, 21:19

Discussing the legalities of the terminology used on the signs is pointless, as discussed the signs are a temporary measure, no offence was intended, they were a simple reminder that beyond the gates is not public land following occurrences that we did not want to repeat. Anyone with any further qualms are welcome to contact me directly. Best regards 

Janet Burroughs
👍 2

Sun 19 Feb 2023, 20:42

In very general terms, trespass is an area of civil law that enables a person to deal with "wrongful interference" with land that they have an interest in. Trespass can therefore lead to a trespasser being sued in the civil courts. 

Prosecution refers to action taken  where the criminal law has been broken, action generally taken by the state.  

In very limited and specific circumstances trespass can be a criminal offence, but in the vast majority of cases trespass will result civil, not criminal, action. 

Hence my post re "Trespassers will be prosecuted."

Philip Ambrose
👍

Sun 19 Feb 2023, 20:04

I stand to be corrected by persons better qualified, but I believe that prosecutions can be criminal or civil which would mean that the wording is correct after all.

Janet Burroughs
👍 5

Sat 18 Feb 2023, 22:49

I should also say that I do also recognise the challenges that landowners sometimes face which result in notices being put in place. Just need the right wording. 

Janet Burroughs
👍 3

Sat 18 Feb 2023, 22:43

I haven’t seen the signs but a point of information. If actual wording of the signs is “Trespassers will be prosecuted” then that is incorrect. Trespass is a civil matter, not a criminal matter. 

john h
👍 2

Sat 18 Feb 2023, 16:51

Why!!!!. Well done on the planting of many trees. Good to see the country side going green rather than tarmac black!!. John Harrison

Martin Ellis
👍 8

Sat 18 Feb 2023, 14:25

Hello Sue, if you are indeed talking about the ones up the bridleway then this was myself that put them up. We had been having issues with people frequently climbing gates and straying from the bridleway, the slightly over stern signs just happened to be what we had in storage so they were only intended to be temporary. They will be replaced in due course! Thanks 

Sue Normand
👍 9

Sat 18 Feb 2023, 08:49

I feel disappointed and somewhat offended by the Trespassers will be prosecuted signs up Stonesfield Way - obviously getting too sensitive in old age!  

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.