Aid for new knee

Steve Jones
👍 3

Mon 6 Feb 2023, 20:22

If somebody is having a new knee or hip courtesy of the NHS, then you will usually be lent a raised seat for the loo, crutches and so on. My mother had a replacement knee in 2021, aged 89, and made a good recovery for what is a serious operation. Unfortunately the hospital forget to sent her home with the raised loo seat, but she coped.

In any event, it's worth contacting the hospital for what might be loaned out. Also, good luck and I hope it goes well.

patricia winstanley
👍 5

Mon 6 Feb 2023, 14:03 (last edited on Mon 6 Feb 2023, 18:12)

Thank you all for offers of help, even down to delivering them on one offer....Charlbury turns up trumps again.  We are now equipped  for the big event.  (surgery Mr. Beith, surgery)

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Mon 6 Feb 2023, 09:22

Hi we have a frame seat for the loo.  Contact me on 07879 693733 or susanna_finch@hotmail.com

Jan Going
👍 2

Mon 6 Feb 2023, 08:46

A family member borrowed crutches from the Red Cross a couple of years ago.  I believe they have all sorts of mobility aids to borrow or hire.

https://www.redcross.org.uk

Hannen Beith
👍

Sun 5 Feb 2023, 20:37

Miles,

I'm glad that's all you're scratching.

Miles Walkden
👍 1

Sun 5 Feb 2023, 19:37

So many questions about your reply, Hannen! We are scratching our heads. 

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Sun 5 Feb 2023, 18:56

I can't help I'm afraid, but I find it touching (sic) that you both go to the loo at the same time.  True love.

patricia winstanley
👍 2

Sun 5 Feb 2023, 17:20

Is there a survivor of a new knee or hip who can lend us a support which fits around a lavatory please   Needed by 23rd February.  Two would be even more useful.....Thank you.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.