Lost Golden Retriever

wendy Sinclair
👍 7

Fri 3 Feb 2023, 09:40

Malcolm = thanks very much I will look into Pawfit immediately - same with Amber - she shoudl be a sniffer dog - and we always have to have her on a lead as she just chases every bird,squirrel and rabbit in site.  Finally found her but only after hours or real worry.  Thanks again.

wendy Sinclair
👍 1

Fri 3 Feb 2023, 09:38

Thanks to everyone - in fact she was towards Taston/Charlbury in a field miles away - thanks so much for your messages - at home now under strict instructions but we have no idea how she escaped from our fenced garden.  Thanks again!

Andrew Chapman
👍 1

Thu 2 Feb 2023, 15:20

Just to add to Miles’ report, it was between Conygree and Bobwell Farms.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 2 Feb 2023, 15:12 (last edited on Fri 3 Feb 2023, 15:34)

We'll keep an eye out for Amber (I think we know her). 

If she has anything like a good sense of direction, we found our Golden Doodle would come back to the area of The Green where he lives - or at least did a couple of times when much younger and rebellious. So it might be worth looking around the general area of "home" as well. 

We've lashed out some money for ease of mind on a "PawFit" device for our very naughty and insanely "mighty huntress" female red Cockapoo who is apt to chase every rabbit or deer. She often doesn't get off the long lead. Anyway a PawFit is essentially at GPS tracker and a tiny "mobile phone" on the collar which uses the GPS signals to broadcast the miscreant's direction, displayed on your mobile telephone screen. Displayed against the background either of a aerial photograph from Google Earth so you can see the trees and fields, hedges etc, or Google Maps, or an OS Map background. "X" marks the spot of the dog on this background and line or track a display of the route the dog took to get there.

Good luck. Stress over losing our naughty dogs has been quite bad at times, so real sympathies!

Also if anyone knows of an alternative to Pawfit let everyone know - we got ours after my wife met up with someone on a walk in Millennium Wood I think.

Miles Walkden
👍

Thu 2 Feb 2023, 13:40

Saw a lone dog in field between Taston and Charlbury this morning at about 9:30. Hope you have found her by now, but she was deff in that direction earlier.

wendy Sinclair
👍

Thu 2 Feb 2023, 09:31

We are urgently searching for our golden retriever Amber - escapted this morning - could be anywhere near Ditchely or Charlbury - please approach and call her - very friendly and call Arthur 077645 81446 please help us find her.  No road sense.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.