Blocked Drain - Dyno Rod or other?

Miles Walkden
👍

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 20:43

Just a blocked drain in the house. Used Happy Drain. Really good service but won’t know the cost until second visit, unfortunately. 

Katie Ewer
👍

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 05:24

IF its inside your boundary Thames Water should do it.

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍 1

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 22:26 (last edited on Tue 10 Jan 2023, 22:27)

Presumably you have checked whether or not the costs of investigation are covered by your household insurance policies?

Bourton Drain Services, Banbury are, in our experience, good. However, we discovered that issues with small diameter drains (110mm) that run under the house were difficult to resolve / clear without builders works / excavation. 

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 22:05

Can I ask the cost Alex?

Alex Gerrard
👍

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 19:18

I booked Dyno Rod just before Christmas but on the morning they were due, they called to advise that they were unable to attend due to a high work load and sick absence.  I rang Drain Doctor who attended and quickly and efficiently solved the issue.  Drain Doctor 01865 389804.

Jan Going
👍 1

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 18:34

I've used the Drain Doctor who said the blockage was outside of my property so there was no charge.

Miles Walkden
👍

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 18:22

Internal, unfortunately.

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 16:38

When our drain was blocked I phoned Thames Water and they came out immediately with cameras etc and 2 vans and a powerful bore thing.  Fixed, no charge.

patricia winstanley
👍 1

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 13:56

We have experience of D.R on a blocked lavatory.   They detected the cause of the blockage by camera as nothing was blindingly obvious but not a problem they could fix.....and so there was the cost of the camera and then the cost of a builder to correct the problem.  So I am saying that D.R. have technology for rigorous problem solving but if taking a bit of wall out (or similar) they are not equipped.

Miles Walkden
👍 1

Tue 10 Jan 2023, 12:39

Anyone used anyone local for blocked drain? Should we just go with Dyno Rod? Anyone have experience with either?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.