Future-Proof Houses - Retro-fitting and Ageing-in-Place

Miles Walkden
👍 2

Sun 8 Jan 2023, 16:05

You can also email me here - miles@futureproofmyhouse.co.uk

If you have a service or resource that you think would fit I’d love to hear from you. 

Miles Walkden
👍 4

Sat 7 Jan 2023, 18:26

Hello, I am working on a local project to provide advice, products and services to people in Charlbury with two main areas - The first is retro-fitting houses for energy conservation and the second is adapting houses so that people can stay in them as they age. 

I think everyone understands the issues around energy savings either to save the environment and/or to save money. It would be good to gather local resources to help people identify what can be done and who can help.  

Ageing-in-Place is something many people are thinking about, either for a family member, or for themselves. It's a complex and difficult issue starting with how to we talk to relatives, when do we start planning for ourselves, and what can we do to stay in place for longer (and should we)? 

I would like to find out interest in the subject - please drop me a note or a message on 07765894945 if you would be interested in seeing some early project ideas. This would be a part-time commercial venture for me, perhaps set up as a social enterprise. I plan to donate a percentage to help others in the community who could benefit from some of the actions but might not have the means.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.