S3 Bus to Oxford

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 25 Apr, 20:06 (last edited on Thu 25 Apr, 20:07)

I empathise Brigid.  I was caught out recently by an X9 leaving earlier than I expected, just 2 or 3 minutes.  I think it's down to the rigid timetable (which is good for all of us but puts pressure on the drivers).  Best to always be at the stop a few minutes early if possible.  It will become easier to do that once the weather improves!

Brigid Sturdy
👍

Thu 25 Apr, 17:46

Similar experience this afternoon with the 1.50  X9 to Witney. We rounded the corner at the top of Church Street to see it leaving at least 4 minutes early, so had to drive to be in time for an appointment.

Hannen Beith
👍 3

Thu 25 Apr, 16:44

Always best to wave at it like a loony Ian.  Better to be regarded as a loony, than wait 70 minutes imo.

The S3 and X9 drivers are under a lot of time pressure to complete their circular routes on time and sometimes I think that if they fear running late they will "push it".

I use the X9 and S3 several times a week and find the drivers courteous, helpful, and punctual, despite having to navigate lorries/vans/4x4s along narrow roads like Browns Lane and Park Street.

I'm sorry for your experience, but I take my hat off to the drivers (sometimes literally) who are doing a boring and difficult job.  If it wasn't for them I and others would be stuck in Charlbury permanently, or have to use taxis.

Ian Grierson
👍

Thu 25 Apr, 15:04

I arrived in Church St moments before the 14.13 bus to Oxford this afternoon. The S3 did not stop, but sailed past me! Charlbury Bell Hotel is a ‘priority’ stop. My journey was unnecessarily delayed by 70 minutes. I’ll stand in the road in future!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.