Dash Cam

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sun 21 Apr, 22:34

It certainly helps in serious accidents as first thing police ask is if there are any dash cam pics, allso some ins companies give small discount if you have one. also gets pics of any road rage that occurs

More people are getting them so must be some advantage!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sun 21 Apr, 15:06 (last edited on Sun 21 Apr, 15:33)

It wasn't me, but someone else who faced a disproportionate response! She took high-def photos at the time, but it left us wondering about the wisdom of being so equipped. But what I was wondering was the practical value of such equipment in actual and more serious events. On one level it seems self evident. But is it when it come to insurance claims and so forth? This is a serious query BTW as to whether we, or our grown-up kids, one of whom is driving, should thus equip?

Geoff Belcher
👍 2

Sun 21 Apr, 11:14

Malcolm if you are bothered about dash cams and using 

them for Trivial bumps then you do not need one

They are more for recording more serious road accidents and dangerous driving events

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 20 Apr, 18:53

What are the advantages of a Dashcam - and presumably an aft-looking cam as well - beyond the immediately obvious in terms of "fault" in accidents? But how does this translate into "real life" outcomes with relevance to things like, say, insurance - even minor utter low speed "bumper bumps" which don't cause any minor fissure on an ABS bumper. Of interest following a relative's experience in the most utterly trivial of mere brushes, so in seriousness. Is it worth the effort?

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 20 Apr, 17:18

Great job done

Ben Manson
👍

Thu 18 Apr, 17:18

That's great. Glad you are getting it sorted. 

Geoff Belcher
👍

Wed 17 Apr, 23:04

Thanks Ben, Dominic is installing for me at weekend

Geoff Belcher
👍

Tue 16 Apr, 10:22

Thanks Ben have emailed Dominic , waiting reply

Ben Manson
👍

Mon 15 Apr, 22:54

Hi Geoff, Dominic from Eldridge Auto Locksmiths should be able to help with this - 07391889058

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sun 14 Apr, 20:08

Thanks Sophie tried there but will only install if it was bought there

Sophie Albrighton
👍

Sun 14 Apr, 18:03

I had mine done at Halfords.

Geoff Belcher
👍

Sat 13 Apr, 10:44

Please , does any one know where to get an exsisting dash cam installed in a Ford Fiesta 20 plate car

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.